Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You need a WHY


No matter the goal, it is our WHY that drives us to reach it. It's not only our motivation but our inspiration. We all have wants, to lose 15 lbs, to be more patient with the children, to run a 5K race, to improve personal health, to grow in our relationship with the Creator. But we transform those wants into working goals when we find our WHY and start taking action.

So what are your wants? Get a pen right now. Write them down.

WHY do you want that?

...think deeper, make that WHY bigger!

Have you ever failed to reach a goal? I have. Most often it was because my WHY was self centered, not very powerful or not really that important to me. Example: Lose 5 lb for a social gathering so I could look better.

So what's the most compelling reason you want to reach that goal?

Write it down, read it every day, carry it with you.

A friend once told me "you have amazing self control" when I avoided the candy and chips right in front of me. Self control...no way. A big why...yes. My WHY I exercise, eat nutritious food, and strive to live a healthy lifestyle is because I want to serve God at my best for the 120 years of life he gave me, I want to be an inspiration to others aspirin to live a healthier lifestyle, I want to be healthy leader for my family, and I don't want to interfier with the growth and development of the life inside me. With that behind me (my WHY), candy (barriors and temptations) don't stand a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment