Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham {Natural food coloring}

Dr. Suess's Birthday!
Do you like green eggs and ham?

In honor of Dr. Suess's birthday today, we had Green Eggs and Turkey for lunch. We don't eat pork so I substituted turkey and no one seamed to notice! The green coloring is made out of spinach. It was really easy, and nutritious!

Green Real Food Coloring

1 cup spinach
water

I packed the spinach in the bottom of the vita-mix, added 1 tbsp water and turned it on. I did have to add a little more water to get the spinach mixing. Puree.

Green Eggs and Ham (Turkey)

I added the spinach puree to 6 beaten eggs. Then cooked just as regular scrambled eggs.
For over easy eggs. Carefully separate eggs yokes from the whites. Add the spinach puree to the whites and beat. Pour egg whites, now green, into a hot pan. Then gently add the yokes back into the plan and cook.

I "marinated" natural, preservative and nitrate free turkey slices in the green real food coloring for about 30 minutes. I heated it and served it warm.





No comments:

Post a Comment