Monday, April 11, 2011

Planning For a Season

This spring promises to be a busy season for us. I currently feel very overwhelmed. The overwhelming feeling steams from not knowing how I am going to get everything done that I need to. This season I will be heavily relying on God, my mentors and planning to get me through.

To free up time for other things, I need to cut down the time I spend preparing food and grocery shopping. To make this work, I will also need to be more thorough with planning.

Goal: Create sufficient time in my day for each area of my life to succeed. 


Action Steps: Plan simple, quick, nutrient dense meals. Create complete grocery lists.  Visit 3 grocery stores per week, total shopping time 2 hours per week. 


It has been helpful for me to create a resource list of recipes. I create this list based on the season, available produce, our budget, and time I can commit to the kitchen. I am currently working on creating a Spring Menu with recipes that are Quick, Simple, and Healthy. My hubby and I are also currently eating a high raw diet free of grains and sugars.

Spring Meal Ideas
Lamb and Lentils with Cucumber-Tahini Salad 
Mediterranean Garbanzo Salad
Mini Burgers wrapped in romaine lettuce
Lettuce Wraps
Fish and Slaw Tacos
Chicken Salad
theme Salads
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms topped with veggies and cheese
Salmon Patties



I would love to hear what is on your spring menu. Please share some of your favorite, tasty, nutritious QUICK and EASY meals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment