Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Rush of a Good Deal

Lara Bar: "Pure and simple, just as nature intended!"
Today I found a great deal! $1.08 for a Larabar, not on sale, but regular price. Kudos to Walmart! Although there were only 3 flavors, one of which was Apple Pie Alex's favorite, I was excited to see Walmart carrying this product but also excited that I could save $.70 on the bar. (My mother-in-law has also found lara bars at TJ Max for $0.50- who would have thought)
I am Frugal! I don't thing I am necessarily cheap but I get a rush in finding the best deal and maximizing my money. I have found some surprisingly different prices for the same products at different stores. I have also found quite a difference in prices between different HyVee's in the Quad Cities.
I am willing to shop around to find the best deal and get the max out of my food budget. At the advice of our financial coaches and after reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, we are really pushing ourselves to stick to a budget and spend God's money wisely. Food has been our largest monthly expense, almost identical if not more than our mortgage. The quality of food we eat is very important to us and is really the only thing we splurge on. However, this month we are trying to decrease the amount of money we spend on food so that we are able to put more money into savings. I will be posting more on this in the future!
Here is list of where I have found some good deals for foods we eat.
Walmart
Avocados ($.78)
Lemons (bag for $3)
Thai Coconut Milk ($1.42)
Lara Bars ($1.08)
Greatest Grains
Sprouts ($.99)
Dates ($3.80lb)
Sun Dried Tomatoes ($2.85lb)
Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil ($15.95)
Raw Almonds ($5.25lb)
Walnuts ($6.20lb)
Flax Seeds ($1.80lb)
Sunflower Seeds ($2.25lb
Rice ($1.99lb)
Popcorn seeds ($1.99lb)
Buckwheat ($2.25lb)
Sesame Seeds ($4.25)
Farmers Market: produce! When the Farmers Market is fruitful I am more than willing to spend a little more for fresh, local, pesticide free produce.
Beef and Chicken: Iowa farmer
HyVee
Produce
Organic Free Range Eggs
Organic Full Circle Raisins ($2.88)
WW Pasta
Beans
Mountain Rose Herbs.com
Coconut Oil
Olive Oil
More to come on eating healthy on a budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment